The greatest wedding tunes of the Decade (2010-2020)
Wedding music ideas
2010-2020 brought a huge raft of new music, some of it was awful, some was brilliant. From house to Indie, Rnb to pop, there was a whole host of tunes to choose from when planning the perfect wedding playlist. Wedding DJs all over the country were filling dancefloors with new music breaking onto the list of wedding classics.
New favourites for the first dance, last dance and floor fillers emerged and transformed the weddings of the decade. With so much music to choose from, we have put together 3 lists of the best music of the decade to hit the wedding dancefloor.
The first dance – that moment you will remember forever. This is one of the key moments of your wedding day which will be captured in photos, videos and most important memories. Here are some popular first dances of the decade.
1. See Beneath Your Beautiful – Labrinth and Emili Sande
2. Perfect – Ed Sheeran
3. All of Me – John Legend
4. How Long Will I Love You – Ellie Goulding
5. A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
6. Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
7. Latch (acoustic) – Sam Smith
8. Same Love – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Mary Lambert)
9. I Won’t Give Up On You – Jason Miraz
10. Just You & I – Tom Walker
Filling your dancefloor requires a wedding DJ who knows how to read the crowd. From classics to new favourites, working closely with your wedding DJ will make the night a hit. The last decade has produced a few tracks that make that job a little easier. Here are some of the most popular of this decade. If a song appears in this list it does not mean we endorse or like it (see number 6 for example!) This is just a list based on popularity.
1. Feel It Still – Portugal. The Man
2. Wild Thoughts – DJ Kalid feat. Rihanna
3. One Kiss – Calvin Harris feat. Dua Lipa
4. This is What You Came For – Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna
5. Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
6. Despacito – Justin Bieber
7. Get Lucky – Daft Punk
8. Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
9. MEDUZA – Piece of your heart
10. Giant – Rag n’ Bone Man
The final track of the night at any wedding needs to be carefully selected to make that final memory of your big day one to remember. Below are some of the most popular last dance tracks to come out of this decade.
1. I Will Wait – Mumford and Sons
2. Pompeii – Bastille
3. Shut Up and Dance – Walk the Moon
4. Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
5. Budapest – George Ezera
6. Hey Ho – Lumineers